The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED), Ondo State is the First (1st) specialized Medical and Health Sciences institution in West Africa.
Since its establishment in 2014, the University has carved a niche for itself by being one of the few public universities with a stable & uninterrupted academic calendar with exceptional quality educational service delivery.
According to NUC Ranking (2021), the University was ranked first (1st) among Ondo State-Owned Universities, 2nd best of all Public & Private Universities in Ondo State, 4th among all State-Owned Universities in Nigeria, and 19th Best University in Nigeria.
Accordingly, the University hereby invites all suitably qualified candidates for undergraduate admission in the 2023/2024 Academic Session
1. Candidates who chose “Ondo State University of Medical Sciences” as their most preferred (1st) choice Institution in the 2023/2024 UTME and scored 150 and above are eligible to apply for the Post UTME Screening.
2. All applicants are required to have a minimum of five (5) credits in either NECO, SSCE and GCE O’ Level, which must include English Language, Mathematics and any other three (3) relevant subjects as may be specified by each Faculty. The five (5) O’ level credits should be obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
For Medicine and Surgery (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS) and Doctor of Physiotherapy programmes, the five (5) O’level credits must include Mathematics, English, Biology, and Physics & Chemistry which must be obtained at only one (1) sitting.
3. . Direct Entry candidates who have already applied through JAMB and also picked the University as their most preferred (1st) choice Institution in 2023/2024 (Direct Entry Registration are also eligible to apply for the Post UTME Screening.
They are required to possess a minimum of ten (10) points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects, B.Sc. (Hons) Degree/ Diploma in the Basic Medical or Basic Science subjects with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division).
For Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry programmes, a minimum of thirteen (13) points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects, and Second Class Upper, B.Sc. (Hons) Degree in any Basic Medical Science courses.
For the Nursing Science programme, candidates with a first (1st) degree in health-related and basic science courses with a minimum of second-class lower honours; also candidates who are holders of the RN or RM Certificates from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria are also eligible to apply.
4. JAMB UTME Subject Combination: All courses in Faculties require English Language, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in UTME. Candidates applying for admission in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or Computer Science are required to present a UTME subject combination of English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
5. Note that candidates who did not choose the “Ondo State University of Medical Sciences” and are willing to change to this University as their most preferred (1st) choice Institution are also advised to apply for the Post UTME Screening.
HOW TO APPLY FOR 2023/2024 POST UTME SCREENING
Eligible candidates should log on to the University website www.unimed.edu.ng and take the following steps:
1. Click on Admission;
2. Click on Post-UTME to access the Post-UTME Portal;
3. Click on PAYMENT to make payment via the online payment system using DEBIT Cards;
4. After payment, Print Payment Receipt
5. On the Post-UTME Portal, Click on Application Login to Login with your UTME/DE Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID as Password to complete the screening form.
For more details on payment and application, check the University website (www.unimed.edu.ng) PAYMENT IS ONLY VIA THE UNIMED PAYMENT PLATFORM, ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD CANDIDATES MAKE PAYMENT TO ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCOUNT. PLEASE SEEK CLARIFICATION IN CASE OF DOUBT
POST UTME SCREENING DATE AND VENUE OF THE EXAMINATION
The Dates, Venue of Examination, and other modalities for the 2023/2024 Screening Exercise will be communicated to validly registered candidates by August, 2023 via their individual portal on the University Website. Candidates date and time will be generated on the application slip
ALSO NOTE THAT:
1. All candidates will be required to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
a. JAMB 2023 UTME Notification of Results Slip/ Registration Slip for Direct-Entry Candidates;
b. Printed copy of the completed 2023/2024 Post UTME Screening slip
2. Direct Entry Candidates are to request for their Official Academic Transcripts from their previous institution which must be forwarded directly to the Registrar, University of Medical Sciences, Ondo, through the following address: Office of the Registrar, University of Medical Sciences, Laje Campus, Ondo City.
(Direct Entry applicants will not be considered for admission without evidence of submission of official academic transcripts to the above address)
3. For more information or clarifications, candidates are advised to visit the University website at www.unimed.edu.ng, send an e-mail to [email protected], or call the following phone numbers: +234 813 551 3654, +234 916 400 0008, +234 811 295 7770, +234 911 500 4010, +234 706 957 3618, and +234 905 826 3636.
4. Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the 2023/2024 Post UTME Screening Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
Kindly note that the University of Medical Sciences does NOT have admission agents. For the avoidance of doubt, valid and authentic information about admission into various programmes offered by UNIMED; visit the University website at www.unimed.edu.ng and for physical clarifications on admission, please visit the Admissions Unit, Academic Affairs Office, UNIMED Laje Campus, Ondo City
Also, note that valid payments for the purchase of forms can ONLY be done as described above and NOT into any individual’s account. Anyone who deals with any individual and/or makes payment(s) into any individual’s account does so at her/his own risk!
Dr Woleola Ekundayo