In the bid to complement the activities of the school management and the security agencies around school areas and to put an end to robbery and other activities that pose threats to the safety of the student populace, the Students’ caretaker committee met with the management and other security agencies to discuss the situation and the following conclusions were reached:
1. All students must ensure that their hostel entrances are well-guarded every time.
2. All students should ensure that only vital and well-confirmed information is passed through to the appropriate quarters when due. (The distress line is at the concluding part of this mail)
3. Movement of motorcycles, cars, and students from the hour of 10 pm to 5 am is now restricted for security reasons because it could be deduced that the perpetrators do make use of motorcycles within these hours for their operations.
4. Students and hostels with generators are enjoined to ensure that their generators are switched off during these restricted hours.
5. All students must ensure that a means of identification is always on them every time.
6. In some cases, dressing indecently may attract unwanted attention or potential harassment. While it is crucial to emphasize that no clothing choice justifies harassment, it’s important to consider personal safety when dressing.
In other to have a well-protected student community, students are hereby encouraged to abide by the above-mentioned conclusions.
In cases of security emergencies, students can reach out to the security unit of the institution through the C. S. O. (08102387186)