The Federal University of Health Sciences, Otukpo, Benue State is the first Federal University of Health Sciences in Nigeria established in 2020. The University envisions to be a world class institution for learning, scientific research, and innovation for developing the next generation of healthcare providers.
In its desire to meet the yearnings of the immediate locality in particular and the desiring general public as a whole, aims at producing suitably qualified and competent candidates. Pursuant of this, FUHSO is commencing Remedial Sciences and IJMB programmes in the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE SCHOOL OF REMEDIAL SCIENCES
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Programme of the University.
The prospective candidates should possess a minimum of 3 O’ Level Credits in WASC/SSCE/NECO/GCE results or their equivalence in any of the following Subjects:
Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Agric Science or Geography.
For avoidance of doubt; the Remedial Sciences and IJMB Programmes are purely in Science.
In addition to remedying O’ Level deficiencies, the FUHSO Remedial Sciences and IJMB programmes will:
– Conduct intensive JAMB/UMTE clinic in seven (7) months to adequately coach and prepare candidates for the examination.
– Primarily prepare Candidates through Nine (9) Months intensive programme of Teaching and Laboratory exercises in the afore-mentioned subjects for excellent O’ Level result and better fit to the relevant 100 Level Degree programmes in the university.
– Give priority to successful graduates from the programme in UME placement, especially those who:
– Score A in each subject taken with at least 75% attendance in the programme.
– Choose the Federal University of Health Sciences, Otukpo as first choice in JAMB/UTME.
Obtain the University’s cut-off mark for the course of choice.
– Prepare candidates through two semesters IJMB programme of intensive teaching/coaching and laboratory exercise in the combination of subjects for IJMB examinations that will guarantee candidates for admission into the 200 level of any Degree programme in the Federal University of Health Sciences, Otukpo and Science programmes of other Universities in Nigeria.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms are available on-line on the University portal in the following steps:
– Pay the sum of (₦10,000) Ten thousand Naira NON-REFUNDABLE to FUHSO through REMITA (See How to Pay FOR FUHSO REMEDIAL SCIENCE FORM Through REMITA on www.fuhso.edu.ng).
– After payment get the electronic or soft copy of your payment, for attachment to your completed form.
– Get scanned copies of the following document ready for attachment to the completed FORM.
(i) Passport (ii) O’Level results
NOTE: YOU must have paid the NON-REFUNDABLE SUM OF (₦10,000) Ten Thousand Naira to FUHSO (Through REMITA)
– Visit the University website, www.fuhso.edu.ng
– Click on (View Details) FUHSO REMEDIAL SCIENCE FORM Banner or REMEDIAL SCIENCE FORM on EVENTS
– Click the link displayed, to fill out the FORM. (Attach all necessary documents as requested)
– Go through all the information Filled, to be sure that all details are CORRECT.
– Fill the DECLERATION FORM
– Click submit button to submit your application form for processing by the institution.
The sale of application forms commences from the date of this publication and will close on Tuesday, 20th June, 2023.
For enquiries, please contact:
The Head, Remedial Sciences and IJMB Programmes, Federal University of Health Sciences, Otukpo, GRA Campus, or Head of ICT – 08038755728.
The Federal University of Health Sciences, Otukpo wishes you a wise choice of the University’s Remedial Programme.
Mal. Aminu Abba, FIMC