Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Abia State University (ABSU) pre-degree programme for the 2020/2021 academic session
Successful candidates who obtained good grades at the end of the programme and who made ABSU their choice of University, having sat for and passed JAMB Examinations, will be given concession during 2020/2021 admission exercise.
About ABSU Pre-Degree Programme.
The Pre-Degree Programme is for candidates who already posses University UTME Admission requirements of at least five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB and seek to undergo one- year pre-degree studies preparatory to subsequent admission into the appropriate Degree Programmes of Abia State University. Unlike the JUPEB Programme, Candidates for the Pre-degree are prepared for JAMB Examination (UTME).
ABSU Pre-Degree Admission Requirements.
Candidate for Pre-degree studies must possess at least (5) Credit level passes, at not more than two sittings; In the SSCE/WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB or equivalent level.
How to Apply for ABSU Pre-Degree Admission Form.
- Eligible candidates should log on to the ABSU portal (www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng) and generate an invoice.
- Proceed to any of the following Banks:
- ABSU Micro-Finance Bank, Uturu
- First Bank PLC, Umuahia
- Zenith Bank PLC, Umuahia
- Fidelity Bank PLC, Umuahia
- UBA PLC, Aba-Owerri Road, Aba
On the e-transact network and request to pay for the Abia State University Pre-Degree/Remedial Studies Application Forms. The value is *Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00) only, service charges inclusive.
- Collect the e-transact receipt from the Bank on Payment and proceed to any Internet Centre for registration.
- Log on to ABSU Portal: www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng and complete the Application Form.
- Finally, confirm your entry and print a copy of the Form as evidence of your Registration.
Closing Date: The Deadline for the submission of applications on-line is 31st October, 2020.
The screening/qualifying test is scheduled in the University as follows:
- WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 4, 2020 (ALL SCIENCES)
- THURSDAY NOVEMBER 5, 2020 (ALL NON-SCIENCES)
- VENUE: ABSU JUPEB CENTRE
- TIME: 10.00 A.M.
NB: All candidates must comply with all covid-19 protocols.