The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, has threatened that the government will not hesitate to shut down orientation camps of the National Youth Service Corps in any state where the guidelines designed to curtail the spread of COVID-19 are being flouted.
He however said his visits to camps across the country so far showed that the guidelines were being adhered to.
Dare recalled that before orientation camps were reopened in November 2020, meetings were held during which the safety guidelines were arrived at.
“The government will not hesitate to shut down orientation camps in states where the safety guidelines and protocols are not being adhered to.
“Corps members from such states will be moved to adjoining states. We however wish that we will not get to that stage,” the minister said.