Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the underlisted Sandwich Degree Programmes.
Five (5) O’level credits (SSCE, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE, or equivalent), including credit passes in English Language and Mathematics and other three subjects relevant to the chosen teaching subject area and UTME with national minimum score.
1. Candidates can also qualify for admission if they obtain a credit level pass in the University of Port Harcourt certificate programme or from any other recognized University.
2. Candidates with HND or Degrees outside Education shall be admitted to start two years provided they take and pass all the compulsory education courses, GES courses and Teaching Practice exercise(s) tenable in years 1 and 2.
3. Candidates with OND shall be admitted to do three years, provided they take and pass all the compulsory education courses, GES courses and Teaching Practice exercise (s) tenable in year 1.
4. Candidates may be subjected to written or oral (Aptitude) test for screening as the case may be.
Department/Courses Available/Degree Awarded
- Educational Foundations/Arts
Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Art Degree in Education B. A (Ed) , B.Ed in
- English Studies
- Fine Arts and Design
- History and Diplomatic Studies
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Theatre and Film Studies
- Educational Management and Planning (Education Social/Management Sciences)
Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science Degree in Education B.Sc (Ed) , B.Ed in
- Business Education (with options)
- Political Science
- Geography and Environmental Management
- Social Studies
3) Curriculum Studies and Educational Technology (Education Science)
Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science Degree in Education B. Sc (Ed) or B.Ed in
- Agricultural Science
- Computer Science
- Integrated Science
4) Educational Psychology, Guidance and Counselling
Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science Degree in Education B.Sc (Ed) or B.Ed Counselling Psychology (No Teaching Subject)
5) Adult and Non-Formal Education
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed) in Adult and Non-Formal Education with one teaching subject from any of Arts, Science, Social Science, Agriculture and Management Science.
(a) B.Ed (Art Courses)
(b) B.Ed (Science Courses)
(c) B.Ed (Social Science Courses)
(d) B.Ed (Management Science Courses)
6) Human Kinetics and Health Education
Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science Degree in Education B.Sc (Ed) or B.Ed
Human Kinetics and Bachelor of Science Degree in Education B.Sc (Ed) or B.Ed
Health Education (No Teaching Subject)
7) Early Childhood and Primary Education Degree Awarded:
a) Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed) in Education and Early Childhood education
b) Bachelor of Education Degree (B.Ed) in Education and Primary Education.
8) Department of Library and Information Science (LIS)
Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) (No teaching subject)
Expected Date for Commencement of Post SSC Programme: January 2022 Contact.
Duration of Programme:
1) The Post SSC Programme shall run for a minimum of FOUR (4) years, each year having equivalent of two contact periods of January to March and July to September.
2) There shall be Two (2) periods for the Two teaching practice exercise. Each of these periods shall run outside the contact period of July –September. (i.e during the break periods: April, May, June and October, November, December).
3) The Post NCE Programme runs for minimum of FOUR (4) years, each year being equivalent of a contact period from July –September.
4) Sandwich Degree Programme for holders of HND or Degrees outside Education runs for a minimum of TWO (2) years (4 contacts)
5) Sandwich Degree Programme for holders of OND runs for a minimum of THREE (3) years (six contacts).
6) Sandwich Degree Programme for holders of degrees in Education at second class lower and below runs for ONE (1) year (2 contacts).
Method of Application
Interested applicants are to pay a non-refundable sum of N12,500.00 only, payable through Remita to the University of Port Harcourt and obtain Application Form from School of Sandwich Degree Programmes Unit, Choba Campus, University of Port Harcourt
For Enquiries Please Contact:
Prof. T. T. Orunaboka
Dean, Faculty of Education
Prof. Chineze M. Uche
Director, School of Sandwich Degree Programmes
08033384427, [email protected]