The University Management has noted with concern the current security situation in the country and the intelligence reports of unfolding security threat by undesirable elements to infiltrate various parts of the country particularly state capitals with a view to perpetrate crimes such as kidnappings for ransom, banditry, and other forms of terrorist activities.
The University Management has put in place further security measures to safeguard lives and properties within the campus. This Security Advisory is issued to the University community and the general public to adhere to the protective and safety measures put in place against potential threat to persons and premises.
1. We all must note that security is everybody’s business.
2. Maintain environmental awareness on your route to and from work and be security conscious and alert at all times.
3. Be vigilant at places of work, worship, campus cab parks, filling station and shopping malls/kiosks, staff club, sports centre; dump sites, lagoon front and construction sites on campus.
4. Staff, students and all stakeholders should always wear their identification cards at all times.
5. Non-resident (visitors) coming into campus must identify themselves and disclose their destination on campus
6. Security personnel will commence stop and search operations at all entry points to campus especially vehicles with tinted glasses and Dispatch Riders.
7. Henceforth, the second access gate will be closed by 8.00pm
8. Shops, canteens and other business activities on campus must comply with the closing time of 10.00 p.m.
9. Dispatch Riders will not be allowed into the campus as from 7.00 p.m.
10. Residents are advised not to keep late at night, be alert and security conscious of their environment;
11. Remember , If You See Something, Say Something
12. So, if you see strange face, unusual occurrence or notice something, call the following security phone numbers for prompt action:
Security Help Lines – 08027516446, 09087981565, 08183679155
Fire Station Help Lines – 08183679281, 07086196426
Medical Centre Help Lines – 09095879781
DSS Anti- Kidnapping Help Lines – 08101272303, 08025713190, 08176878575, 09058530351
13. Please do not panic, go about your legitimate business and ensure compliance with these measures.