2020/2021 ONLINE ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISES [100 LEVEL (BOTH REGULAR WITHOUT COMPREHENSIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING AND REGULAR WITH COMPREHENSIVE ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING)] AND DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES.
- A. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University2020/2021Admission Screening Exercise (Regular Student without Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Training), for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level) and DIRECT Entry. This ONLINE screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for entry into Lagos State University. The Tuition Fees for the Regular Student without Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Training is Sixty-seven Thousand, Forty-eight Naira, Fifty Kobo (N67,050) only per session.
- B. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2020/2021 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular student with Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Training), for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level ONLY). This ONLINE screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for admission into the B.Sc./B.A. WITH CERTIFICATES IN ENTERPRENUESHIP PROGRAMME of the Lagos State University. The Tuition Fees for the Regular student with Comprehensive Entrepreneurship is One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N150,000.00) only per session.
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT THEY CAN ONLY APPLY FOR ONLY EITHER OF A OR B ABOVE DURING THE ADMISSION SCREENING. CANDIDATES MUST NOT SCREEN FOR BOTH A AND B.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR SCREENING
- Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2020.
- ALL Pre Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2020/2021 academic session, who must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
iii. ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB), who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2020/2021 academic session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice institution are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, will have their claims automatically validated in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- A. LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES (Regular student without Comprehensive Entrepreneurship)
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2020/2021 Academic Session. Therefore, candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
– Christian Studies
– History & International Studies
– Islamic Studies
– Peace Studies
– Portuguese / English
– Theatre Arts
|2.||EDUCATION||– Arabic Education
– Biology Education
– Business Education
– Chemistry Education
– Christian Religious Studies Education
– Computer Science Education
– Early Childhood Education
– Economics Education
– Educational Management
– Educational Technology
– English Education
– French Education
– Geography Education
– Guidance & Counselling
– Health Education
– History Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Physics Education
– Political Science Education
– Yoruba Education
|3||LAW||– Common/Civil Law
– Islamic Law
|4.||SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE||– Agriculture|
|5.||MANAGEMENT SCIENCES||– Accounting
– Banking & Finance
– Business Administration
– Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
– Local Government Development & Administration
– Management Technology
– Public Administration
|6.||SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION||– Mass Communication|
– Computer Science
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
|8.||COLLEGE OF MEDICINE||– Dentistry
– Medicine & Surgery
|9.||SOCIAL SCIENCES||– Economics
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
|10.||SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT||– Transport|
|11.||ENGINEERING||– Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering
– Chemical & Polymer Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
- LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES (Regular student with Comprehensive Entrepreneurship)
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed in A. above are available in the SPECIAL PROGRAMME for the 2020/2021 Academic Session. except all courses in the COLLEGE OF MEDICINE.
LIST OF ENTREPRENEURIAL CERTIFICATE COURSES OFFERED
In addition to the B. Sc. / B. A. Courses offered in item B. above, Certificates will be awarded in the following Entrepreneurial Courses in the Regular with Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Programme.
- Access Control Installation and Management
- Animal Husbandry (Snail breeding, Grass Cutter breeding)
- Awards, Packaging and Screen Printing
- Bead making
- Block making industry (Vibrated or engine molds/Hand molds
- Build, Installation and Repair of Inverter/Solar Panel
- Building Drawing
- Building Applications in PHP
- Cake Baking, Snacks, Sugar Craft (Free Hand Modelling)
- CCTV Camera Installation and Management
- Certificate in Aquatic food processing
- Certificate in Aquatic Product Business
- Certificate in Artisanal Fisheries Operation and Management
- Certificate in Brood-stock development and Management
- Certificate in Environmental management in fisheries and aquaculture
- Certificate in Fish Farm Cluster and Terminal Management
- Certificate in Fish farm clusters and fish
- Certificate in Fish farming business
- Certificate in Fish feed manufacturing
- Certificate in Fish Fingerling Production, Marketing and Distribution
- Certificate in Fish health management
- Certificate in Fisheries and Aquaculture Value Chain
- Certificate in Industrial Fisheries Operation and Management
- Certificate in Local and International fish business
- Certificate in Ornamental fish business
- Certificate in Public, private Partnership in fisheries and Aquaculture (PPP)
- Certificate in Shrimp and Prawn farming business
- Certificate in Water quality analysis and management
- Certification of Trade Apprentice
- Coconut value chain
- Computer & Laptop repairs & Maintenance, Networking Mobile Phone repairs and Maintenance
- Concrete Mixer Handling
- Courier and logistics Management
- Crop Farming
- Data Analysis AND Data Processing (Excel & SPSS)
- Database Management Essentials
- Data Recovery Specialist/Technician
- Decoders and Internet Marketing
- Digital Forensic Specialist/Technician
- Digital Marketing
- Distribution Channel & Logistics Management
- Drama and Entertainment
- Entrepreneurship Training in Beekeeping
- Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security Specialist/Technician
- Event Management & Hall Decoration
- Event planning and Management
- Fiber Optic Cable Installation and Management
- Food processing and cake production
- Garment Construction, Pattern Drafting, Bridal Designs and Evening Wears
- Home Electronics (Domestic appliances) Repairs and management
- Hotel Management
- Import and Export Processing Entrepreneurship
- Interlocking/paving stones for private and commercial premises
- Laptop/ Desktop Handset Repairs
- Leather works
- Make-ups and cosmetics
- Packaging and Marketing Entrepreneurship
- Photograph/Image Editing
- POP (Plaster of Paris) for buildings construction
- Real Estate Entrepreneurship
- Security Operations and Management
- Server Technician (Installations and Management)
- Soap, Detergent and Toiletries Production
- Structured Cabling & Wireless Installation and Management
- Tailoring and Fashion Design
- Tourism Management
- Training and Teaching of Bread Making
- Training in Fibre-Reinforced Plastic Tanks Construction
- Training in Paint Making (Emulsion/ Texture Coatings) And Allied Products
- Training on Borehole Drilling and Water Treatment
- Training on Solar Energy System, Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Vegetable Production. Maize farming, Cassava farming)
- Videography, Finishing School Generally
- Water Treatment and Packaging
- Website Development
- Welding, Metal Works and Fabrication
- Writing and Publishing
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
- 2020/2021 LASU POST UTME ONLINE PAYMENT REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Prospective Candidates will visit www.lasu.edu.ng
- Point to Student, then click on New Applicants
- Click on UTME/DE Screening (screening.lasu.edu.ng)
- Kindly Enter your
==> UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER,
==> SURNAME, then Click on PROCEED
- On the new page, enter your
==> GSM NUMBER,
==> PARENT GSM NUMBER,
==> EMAIL ADDREESS
==> CLICK ON SUBMIT
- On the new page, click on
==> Make Payment for LASU Post UTME Screening
==> Select Regular student Or Regular student with Entrepreneurship TAB.
==> Candidate’s Name and the Sum of N2,000 Will Be Displayed.
==> Click on Make Payment to effect the Payment
(On Either REMITA Platform Or PAYSTACK Platform).
- Once the payment is SUCCESSFUL, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and click on LOGIN to view your SCREENING PIN (PIN 1, PIN 2, PIN 3 etc., depending on the payment platform)
- Once you have the registration PIN, proceed to lidc.lasu.edu.ng
- Click on ADMISSION SCREENING
- Click on UTME CANDIDATE LOGIN
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, and your SURNAME, then click on PROCEED. Then click “Start
Admission Screening” button.
- At this time, your basic bio-data information will be displayed. Then, select either REGULAR STUDENT ADMISSION SCREENING OR REGULAR STUDENT WITH ENTREPRENURSHIP ADMISSION SCREENING from “Type of Screening”, then enter/purchase the LASU POST UTME SCREENING PIN to continue with the filling of the Self-Screening form.
- Once you have completed the application, print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Please NOTE that all Screened Candidate must login into their Admission Screening Portal to Print their Final Self-Screening Report.
- Candidate can repeat the above procedure if there is need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records. With this, the candidate will be required to visit screening.lasu.edu.ng and make payment for PIN 2, PIN 3, PIN 4 etc. The subsequent PINs other than PIN 1 can be used for data correction.
- ONLINE SELF-SCREENING FORM FOR ALL CANDIDATES
==> After successful payment for LASU 2020/2021 Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and Click LOGIN button to print your SCREENING PIN.
==> Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening, enter your SCREENING PIN obtained in Step I to continue.
==> Carefully fill in your personal details as required
==> Save and proceed
==> Carefully enter your UTME details
==> Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)
==> Save and proceed
==> Select number of O’ level sitting(s)
==> Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)
==> Save and proceed
==> Input required O’ Level details
==> Save and proceed
* Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY 1 sitting.
* Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and wish to use Two (2) sitting of O’Level Results must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one other Science subject and any other subject.
* Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering require a Credit pass in Further Mathematics.
* Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
* Candidates must ENSURE they upload their O’Level results on JAMB CAPS before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise
* Candidates of Lagos State Origin MUST have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, as their claim will be automatically validated before they can proceed with the Online Screening.
==> Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
==> CHECK THE “I CERTIFY” BUTTON if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
==> By ticking the “I Certify” button, the Candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
==> Click the continue button
==> After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
==> Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
- ONLINE SCREENING GRADING FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course
- The relevant subjects are obtainable from 2020 JAMB brochure available online at www.jamb.gov.ng or http://ibass.jamb.gov.ng/ebrochure.html
- Candidates are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening
- The Point grading system is as follows:
|OLEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS|
|TOTAL OBTAINABLE||50 %|
Candidates should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for Ten  days, Wednesday 9th December to Friday 18th December, 2020 (12 midnight).
All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to email@example.com .
Mr. AMUNI, Mohammed Olayinka.
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL